Whilst I can’t teach you to juggle balls, I can work with you to juggle tasks; together we can develop ways to manage and to lead by looking at various aspects of the way we all work:
- Saying ‘no’ - an important part of taking control
- Delegation - learning to loosen your grasp and give control to others that can free you to work on the important tasks for which you are best suited
- Inner space - decluttering your mind and allowing you to concentrate on key issues
- The power of influence - as opposed to the power of control; a positive rather than, what can be, a negative
- Presentation skills - confident and self-assured presenters are effective in helping others to understand the goals of a presentation
- Identifying ‘soft skills’ - understanding that qualifications are not the only things that allow us to get what we want and where we want to be.
Looking particularly at this last point, recruitment website monster.com identifies six key elements that make up ‘soft skills’; I will work with you on each of these:
- Communication skills
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Critical observation
- Conflict resolution
Each of these skills are equally as important, if not more so, than formal qualifications; a good leader will have developed each of these skills and will demonstrate them throughout their life. I can help you to identify each of these skills to develop and improve them. You will discover the qualities that you have, that allow you to take ownership and show leadership.